Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Third Day of AU 2010.

The final day of AU 2010 was a success.

  • First class on me list was AutoCAD® Civil 3D® and Infrastructure Modeling Solutions: Practically
The speaker displayed a number of tips and tricks on modeling in Civil 3D. This should be very helpful in the work place.

  • Second class of the day was AutoCAD® Civil 3D®: Beyond the Back of Curb
This was another corridor class. The speaker displayed a number of cool ways to create corridors for parcel and pond grading. It seems like it may take a little bit to setup but once it is setup, it should make grading a lot faster.

  • The third class was Endless Corridors with AutoCAD® Civil 3D
Yet another corridor class. I can’t get enough of corridors. This class displayed how to create corridors for parcels with driveways using conditional subassemblies. Once residential work picks back up, I’ll be able to use these tools.

  • The forth class of the day was See How It's Done: Visual Road Design
This class was one of my favorite of the conference. The speaker displayed how to render Civil 3D sites using the Dynamite VSP extension for Civil 3D and 3D Studio Max Design. There are a lot of options in VSP for adding everything from vehicles, trees, lamp post and a number of other items. I was very impressed how easy it was to get a nice rendering quickly. I can’t wait to use it on a project.


  • The fifth class of the first day was Every Building Has Its Price: Finding It with Autodesk® Quantity Takeoff
I hate to admit it but I skipped this class. It was for a good reason. I sat for the Civil 3D 2011 Certified Associate exam. I passed it so I don’t regret skipping the class.

  • The last class of the AU conference was Bridging the Gap Between AutoCAD Civil 3D and Autodesk Revit Structure
This class was a two hour lab. It was about creating Civil 3D models and importing the model into Revit. The was a very helpful class because I deal with this on a lot of projects.

All in all, I had a great time at AU 2010. I met a lot of new people from around the world. I passed three Autodesk certification exams. Two AutoCAD and one Civil 3D. I had a great time walking around the exhibit hall talking to companies about new products.

As much as I didn’t want it to end. I was ready to go home after spending eight days in Las Vegas. I will be looking forward to AU2011. See everyone next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment