Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Second Day of AU 2010

Day two of AU 2010 was also a success. .

  • I had to skip my first class due to a few work task a co-worker and I had to take care of.

  • Second class of the day was AutoCAD Renderings: Simplified Workflow for Architects
Since I use 3D Studio Max, I usually don’t render with AutoCAD much anymore. I thought this     class would be fun to take so I can share with friends and co-workers who know AutoCAD very well. I do like how AutoCAD uses the Mental Ray rendering engine and that some items can be carried over to 3D Studio Max.

  • The third class was AutoCAD Civil 3D to the Limits and Beyond
The speaker displayed a lot of tips and tricks on Civil 3D 2011. Some I knew and some I did not   know. I think a tips and tricks class is always helpful because I walk away learning a lot of new things.

  • Forth class of the day was 3D Airspace Design in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011
This speaker displayed how to create large concrete surface areas such as runways and landing pads in Civil 3D. The tips were very helpful.

  • The fifth class of the first day was My Model Management Methods W/O Madness: AutoCAD® Civil 3D® and Autodesk® Navisworks
This class was very helpful. The company I work for is planning to purchase Navisworks to help with the large projects we work on. I think the clash detection tools will benefit us a great deal.

  • The sixth and final class of the day was Targets, Targets, Targets: Corridors, Targets, and You
This class was all about targeting corridors in Civil 3D 2010. There are many different ways to create corridors and target corridors so this class was very helpful.


All in all, I had a great second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment